27 November 2005

Sassy Lilac

We painted Blue's room last night. After muuuuch deliberation in Lowes, Jonathan and I finally chose a bold shade of lavendar called "Sassy Lilac" that we thought really reflected our daughter's personality... or something. Actually, lately I find it is very stressful to pick out a paint color. What a commitment, right? I think I am afraid I will select something now (all pregnant and hormonal) and then after the baby arrives and I have returned to normal I will look at it and wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Jonathan was shocked, he said, that I didn't fight for a pink room, since "pink is my signature color." But it's not going to be my room, and what little girl doesn't love purple? She also loves doggies (a lot) so I guess we'll have to decorate with some dog pictures, so there goes any dream I might have had deep down of some uber-girly bedroom for my daughter...

Anyway, I hear the little beastie up there now, squealing and laughing (what can be that funny up there?) so I'd better sign off. I feel guilty typing away in here anyway. J is outside with his brand-new gigantic clippers (also purchased last night at Lowes--we went a little crazy in there) hunting for suitable holiday greenery to decorate the house with. How Norman Rockwell... I am so in love with him...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey dude...Don't ask me how, but I found your blog.