10 February 2006

a 3 Haagen-Dazs day

I just put Bluebird to bed. Her room is right above the office and I can hear her up there. The worrisome thing is that she just keeps saying "Uh-oh" over and over again. I'm assuming she either tossed her blanket out of the crib and wants it back (too bad!) or she is just babbling to herself. Either way, I'm done for the night. It isn't even 8 pm and I'm ready for bed.

I'm starting to feel like I have been pregnant for ever. I can't even remember the last time I got really drunk. That will be a goal for after the baby is born. To go out and get really wasted. And since it's been so long since I've had a drink, it'll probably only take one to knock my ass out.

That'll be goal number 2. Goal number 1 is to lose the baby weight as fast as I possibly can. I was so proud of myself for losing it all last time, and then it seems like as soon as I did, I found out I was pregnant again! Don't get me wrong, I love my Bluebird and I can't wait to meet this baby, but I am very ready to feel like myself again. I miss being able to perch on the edge of the kitchen counter, getting in and out of the car without groaning, sitting Indian-style, climbing the stairs without getting out of breath, sitting on Jonathan's lap... I feel like such a blob! I don't know why I get so humongous when I am pregnant! Okay, yeah I do--I had 3 Haagen-Dazs bars today!--but still... I love being a mom, but that doesn't mean I want to look like one. Unless it's Angelina Jolie. I wouldn't mind looking like her!

I just had to laugh... Jonathan has the Onion's desk calendar, and the headline for today is "Winner Didn't Even Know It Was Pie-Eating Contest." How funny. How me.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You look VOLUPTUOUS! Jeez, those people in Motherhood couldn't get over you in that shirt. I was chopped liver next to you. :)

I second you on the ready-to-not-be-pregnant-anymore feeling. So sick of waking up sick...Grrr...

Mr. Don is a local children's performer. Maggie loves him! The last time we saw him perform she stood next to him the whole time like she was his backup singer.