08 February 2006

I'm baaaaack

I didn't think I would ever write in here again, but I had lunch with Amy today, and she said she had posted a comment on my blog, and I was like, "Oh, yeah, I have a blog!" so here I am. My c-section is 13 days away. We are getting really, really excited now. This whole pregnancy has flown by so quickly. Much more quickly than last time. I think because I'm not puking my guts out this time around.

I've been feeling so sad about Bluebird. I won't have as much time for her now. She's so much fun to hang out with. I'm worried that she'll be jealous and upset when we come home with the baby. She's just so little (still a baby herself) and there will be so many changes in her life...

She follows me all around the house and always wants to be doing whatever I'm doing--whether I'm talking on the phone or loading the dishwasher or even just blowing my nose, which I've been doing a lot lately due to my damn allergies. Sometimes I get frustrated. Like when I'm in the bathroom trying to pee and she's knocking on the door the whole time. But most of the time I love it. How flattering is it to watch her mimic me all the time? Did I follow my mom around like this, too, at some point, and want to be just like her? It makes me sad to know that one day Blue will find my behavior unacceptable, that I will embarrass her, that she will make a conscious effort to be nothing like me. It makes me wish I was nicer to my mother.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good to see you back! I can commiserate about the knocking on the bathroom...Maggie goes in with me and narrates what I'm doing. Pretty embarrassing when I realize that the baby monitor has been left on!