20 April 2006

Waiting

for this Zoloft to kick in... It takes a good week or so according to the doctor, a magazine article, the internet and a printout that the pharmacy gave me. (I wanted to be sure, okay, so I did a little researching.) I wish there was something more ... I don't know ... immediate. Like a shot of tequila. Which I should definitely not have while on this Zoloft.

I was on this Postpartum Depression message board on Monday. This one lady had a list of suggestions of things to do/not do while waiting for your meds to kick in. Number 1 was: Do not watch the news. So I haven't watched the news in 4 days. I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the world. I guess it is sort of a good thing because I haven't bought any more canned goods to prepare us for a possible outbreak of Bird Flu, but the downside is I feel even more isolated than before. I thought today was Friday for most of the morning.

I wanted a cigarette today for the first time in years. Well, it was the first time in years that I wanted a cigarette while sober. Don't worry, Mom! I didn't run out and buy cigarettes or anything. I just brewed another pot of coffee like a good girl.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hang in there...It will kick in and you will feel better. Trust me, I've been there (and am there). ;)