26 May 2006

File Under WTF?!



These are the dolls Hasbro was planning on selling to our daughters. Seriously. Seriously.

They are modelled after the girlband called the Pussycat Dolls. You may know them as the group that did that crappy remake of "Tainted Love." Anyway, here's a sample of some of their lyrics:

Ok (ahh)
Yeahh (ahh)
Oh, we about to get it just a lil hot and sweaty in this mu'fucka (oh, baby)
Ladies let's go (uhh)
Soldiers let's go (dolls)
Let me talk to y'all and just you know
Give you a little situation... listen (fellas)

Pussycat Dolls
Ya see this shit get hot
Everytime I come through when I step up in the spot (are you ready)
Make the place sizzle like a summertime cookout
Prowl for the best chick
Yes I'm on the lookout (lets dance)
Slow bangin shorty like a belly dancer with it
Smell good, pretty skin, so gangsta with it (oh, baby)
No tricks only diamonds under my sleeve
Gimme tha number
But make sure you call before you leave


Niiiiiice. Anyway, Hasbro has decided not to sell these Pussycat Dolls dolls after all thanks to a letter-writing campaign launched by a group called Dads and Daughters and another group called Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood.

Dads and Daughters - 1
Hasbro - 0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who in their sane mind would ever think that a parent would by their daughter one of these?!?!

Christina

Amy said...

I feel the same way about those Bratz dolls. I read an article that said that girls are playing with these toys at a younger and younger age...I know a 4-year old who has them!