08 November 2006

We Did It!!!!!

i loves me some Nancy P

I am in such shock and I am so excited! I had refused to let myself hope that this could actually happen!

What a beautiful, beautiful day...

The crazy thing is, Jonathan and I almost didn't vote yesterday. I know, I know. And we always vote--even in the Primary. The thing is, we were in New Jersey for a funeral yesterday (I'll talk more about that later) and we didn't know if we would make it back in time to vote. I told Jonathan it was up to him--that our 2 votes wouldn't make that much difference in the long run. Which is an awful way to talk, I know, but living in a red state, I'm used to my votes not counting. And it was very important that we be at the funeral.

And how crazy is it that the results now hinge on Virginia?! Jonathan keeps saying, "Imagine how pissed we would be at ourselves right now if we hadn't voted?"

The whole thing is so ridiculous--a recount? Like that will make such a complete difference. Has it always been this way? Have there always been incumbents who refuse to concede until the cows come home? Jonathan was saying it is all just to buy some time, so that we don't have such an awesomely overwhelming day--gaining control of everything at once and waving good-bye to Rumsfeld. This way, the Republicans can drag it out for a while and by the time Allen concedes, it will be kind of anticlimactic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Oh yay! You didn't REALLY consider not voting did you??!!

Mom