26 February 2007

and the oscar goes to...

...Ellen for being such an amazing host! I think the Oscars rocked this year--I mean, more than usual. Even the little repartee between the presenters was kinda cute this year. Or I am just officially old this year. Whatever.

And those wacky shadow dancers? How the hell...? Loved it. The only thing that I was kind-of ho-hum, maybe I'll get up and go pee now about was that little musical number with Jack Black and Will Ferrell. Sorry, guys. You know I love you, right? But that was pretty lame.

Why, oh, why do I cry through the tribute to all the famous people who died???? I do it every friggin' year. As if I knew these people personally. But there I was, like, Oh, my God, June Allyson died?! Why didn't anyone tell me?

And all the respect paid to Al Gore... again, I welled up. Am I PMSing? Maybe. But it's just so nice to see him getting some love. And what a different country this would be if only... If only.

Anyway, in no particular order, my thumb's up for :

I am so happy he is getting himself sorted out.
I think he is so talented and he looked particularly hot last night.

Why didn't anyone like this dress?
anne i think ur beautiful. xoxo luv girlysmack from va

4 comments:

Amy said...

I loved Anne Hathaway's dress. I'm a sucker for black & white & bows.

Anonymous said...

I fell asleep after they announced who the Best Supporting Actress was. Seriously, WHO thought it was a good idea to wait 90 minutes before handing out the first acting award????

I thought Ellen rocked. She is the first host to really get the fact that the Oscars are NOT ABOUT THEM!!!!! Are you listening Mr. Crystal?

Leila

Anonymous said...

Robert Downey Jr - Hot! Though he got bashed for looking straggly. Sorry Erin, I didn't like Anne's outfit, that bow. Too bad, because the rest of the dress was beautiful lace. My favorite was Reece, funny that you posted her picture! I loved your review.....

Mom

Me said...

Ellen did rock!!! She is so cute:) And no, girlysmack - you didnot diss the jackblack will ferrel song...no, they were funny, say it!
ME TOO - on the crying through the tributes - every fracking year!! since I was 15.
oooh I didn't like the anne hathaway dress. I loved helen mirren's though and cate blanchet's and oh yes, maggie glynhhh's. Lovely lovely.