31 December 2007

HP5

Jonathan and I finally rented "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" Saturday night. The movie was really good. I thought the director did an excellent job of condensing the story and moving it along at a good pace.



But it makes me wonder. Will Blue and the Lion see these movies before they ever read the books?

And I seriously hope not. I don't ever like to see a movie adaptation before reading the book first. I think it limits my ability to imagine the characters and settings for myself. And I just love to read a book, see the movie and then sit on the couch with Jonathan and analyze the hell out of the movie adaptation, critiquing everything from the casting to the costuming.

But in this day and age, will it be possible to protect my children from exposure to the Harry Potter films until they are old enough to read the novels for themselves?

No comments: