06 March 2008

testing testing

So I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday, after Jonathan practically drove me there himself. He kicked me out of bed Tuesday night at 4 in the morning because I was snoring so effing loud I kept him up all night. Turns out I have a sinus infection. Nice.

But the freaky thing is, I had some blood work done last month just because. And it turns out I have very high cholesterol. Which disturbs me on many levels. One. Because I had my cholesterol checked when I was in college and it was really high then but the doctor told me it was most likely due to the "college diet" of fast food and not to worry about it. So I am thoroughly pissed with myself for not bothering to have it rechecked in the past 15 years. Two. I don't think I eat foods that are high in cholesterol. I don't eat a lot of animal products, as I have already admitted on this blog, and I don't tend to eat a lot of fast food. Three. WTF? Four. If I cannot bring my cholesterol down in three months by changing my diet and (sigh) exercising, I will have to go on medication.

So that's that. If I sound very calm, do not be fooled. If you know me at all, though, you know I am not calm! I am quite a hypochondriac and now I have proof that, yes, something is mos' def wrong with me. Great.

The Lion is feeling a lot better. He is much more cheerful again, although he still has his leonine violent moodswings that end with him on the floor kicking and screaming. He can walk down the garage steps now if he is holding my hand in a deathgrip. It makes me so excited for him and so horribly depressed that he is growing up so fast. He still likes to be carried around just as much as he likes walking, though. Which is fine with me. Even if I am running around, trying to get all three of us out the door on time and juggling my hot coffee, purse, sunglasses and keys, Blue's backpack, a sippy cup of water and three jackets of varying sizes, I cannot refuse him when he reaches his fat little arms up to me and asks, "Can I hold you?" He always says it like that and I love it so much that I cannot bear to correct him.

Blue had "Donuts with Dad" at preschool this week. And Jonathan had a meeting, of course, so he had to bow out. I didn't think I should go in his place since I am still a snotty mess and more obviously, not a father figure, so my dad was the hero of the day. He came to her preschool and got the grand tour and was introduced to her teachers and to Sister. I called him later to see if he had a good time (and to thank him again for going) and he reported that he had a most excellent time. The kids serenaded the dads and he ate a donut and went home with a little picture of Blue for his fridge and a tie she painted. Thanks, Dad!

Tomorrow we are dropping the kids off at Jonathan's parents and driving down to Charlotte, NC, to spend the night with his sister, Mary and her husband, Trevor. First thing in the morning we are going to go pick up our new puppy and I am so excited! Most of the time. Some of the time I am wondering if Jonny and I are crazy.

I bought this CD yesterday to listen to in the car on our trip:

4 comments:

BlondeJustice said...

Sometimes processed foods are the culprit of high cholesterol. Try eating a butt load of leafy greens and tons of seafood. I believe they have tons of cholesterol fighting properites.

I am super excited about your puppy. I can't wait to meet her!

Retainer Girl said...

1) BURN ME THAT CD!

2) If it makes you feel better, I just got off of my blood pressure medication b/c my blood pressure was bad.

3) Once you get through the first week or so of exercising and make it a priority, you're going to love it. Really. It makes you feel so strong and good to take care of yourself.

4) The part about Sadie and your dad is so cute!

5) HOORAY PUPPY!!! Did you finally decide on a name?

Dark Fury said...

A. Omega 3 fatty acids are your new friend.

B. Burn me a copy also.

C. Puppy!

Patt said...

I'm on the Pills.They are ok .one at night when u go to sleep...sorted .no need to eat fish or buy a puppy.