27 May 2008

another day, another $500 dollars...

I borrowed George and Leila's truck today and made another trip to Ikea. I picked up the bed for Lion and a mattress and a desk/table for Jonathan since our desk will be waaaaaaay too big for the apartment and I also got a bookcase for Blue's room. Am I finished? I think so. Are we broke? I think so.

And I did a rotten thing. I had a Wawa coffee cup in my hand, a full 16 ounce Wawa coffee cup, in my hand in Ikea (can you tell where I'm going with this?) and, oh, yeah, I dropped it. I dropped it and spilled coffee all over the floor by the rugs display. And stared blinking at the floor in confusion. So then, I picked up the coffee cup, which had about an ounce of coffee left in it, and set it in my cart and tracked down an Ikea employee and told them what I had done and waited by my mess for this young girl to come out of the stockroom with a mop and bucket.

Embarrassing, right? But it gets better. Twenty minutes later, the cup that I had put in my cart and forgotten to throw away fell over and I spilled the remainder of my coffee all over the floor by the potted plants. And what did I do? Yes, that's right, I ran. I set my now empty cup on the nearest shelf and I fled the scene. Isn't that terrible? But I was so mortified and I just couldn't bear to face that poor young girl with the mop again. Because I just knew that they would send out the same girl. I just knew it, so I ran...

3 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

That *is* embarrassing--and so something I would do.

Like a few weeks ago, when I stupidly wore rubber flip flops in the rain and horribly slipped against my car and spilled half of my coffee on my car while some creepy redneck was watching me and laughing. G*d, that sucked. And my ankle hurt for the rest of the day.

Dark Fury said...

Just think of all the crap you had to clean up in the kids section at Borders. You deserved to run!

Roxanna said...

Man that is so so so something that would happen to me...