30 June 2010

searching for a better way


I have been reading this blog this morning, Plastic Manners, and it is very inspiring. It's about this girl who is trying to live plastic-free. And it is just insane how much plastic we use on a daily basis when you really sit down and think about it.

I already have been trying, a little, to live a greener life. (I picture Jonathan snickering at that statement!) But we recycle everything we can and try to use less electricity. We are growing some of our own vegetables and herbs and I want to can some of our little harvest. But there is just so much more to do. I want our family to eat better, use less energy, reduce our waste, compost... It is a bit overwhelming. Okay, a lot overwhelming!

But, for now, I have put links to some of the blogs I found under the "lives less ordinary" heading and hopefully these will inspire me to try harder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to make small changes too. I bring my breakfast and lunch to work (I used to always eat out--gross, eh?) and I avoid Ziploc bags when I can. I also bring my own silverware and cups/mugs instead of using the office-provided plastic ones.

Every little bit helps.

girlysmack said...

:) My one fan.

Christina said...

I am so already making recipes from the weelicious site. :) Thank you for the recommendation. Blueberry/raspberry weelicious sauce here we come ...

girlysmack said...

Christina, I liked that one, too! I do not like yogurt, but with that gorgeous stuff on top, maybe I could be persuaded...