06 June 2007

bedraggled

I am having a very run-down-stay-at-home-mommy day. The place is a wreck and I am a sort-of wreck, too, but at least I am a clean wreck because I finally managed to take a shower even though it is 3:30 in the afternoon.

I am doing laundry. Whites. Because the Lion peed all over my bathroom floor and the fluffy white bath rug last night as I was preparing to toss him in the bathtub. It was so hilarious. I had just plopped Blue in the water and undressed the Lion to toss him in there too, when I pulled off his diaper and felt something on my hand. Something wet. Before I could comprehend what it was, I looked down and there is my fat little Cupid, standing with one hand on the tub and one on his belly like some gaudy fountain ... just peeing... with this abstract look on his face, totally and completely unaware that he was peeing all over my clean floor.



Is this a boy thing? Blue, in all her almost-three years has never peed on the floor. (We do have a staunch "No pooping in the tub" rule which we instituted shortly after an unfortunate incident while vacationing in Myrtle Beach.) But, I had to wonder, as I was on my knees, scrubbing urine off of my bathroom floor last night, Is this what I have to look forward to, with a boy in the house? And then I wondered, Is that sexist?

So I am doing laundry. I am laundering. And I have been playing nurse, because Blue got a hideous splinter in her finger today while I was filling their baby pool on the deck. That sucker was ginormous. I thought for a while there that I was going to have to take her to the pediatrician and see if they could get the thing out. Nasty. But after much crying and sweating and yelling (from both mother and daughter), the splinter is finally out.  Blue got a Wiggles band aid, and I feel like I need a stiff drink. Seriously. Not to sound overly dramatic, but I feel like some doctor out of a Civil War movie or something, operating on that poor little finger without any ether...

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Not to discourage you any more than you already are, but growing up with three brothers and being the unfortunate one who had to clean our bathroom (where's the justice in that?), I remember there always being pee on the floor around the toilet...even when they were in high school. Sorry. =)