14 July 2007

the moral of the story

My mother is such a downer. I was telling her yesterday how badly I want to see the new Harry Potter movie and how I was so bummed that Jonathan and I couldn't go (no sitter) and she said:

"Well, we don't always get what we want in life."

So I was like, "What on earth is the matter with you?!"

She said she didn't know. She's just been down lately. I think she just needs a dose of the toddlers to cheer her up. They always crack me up.

Like last night. I was lying in bed with Blue, putting her down for the night. Jonathan had just taken the trash out and I could hear water running downstairs.

Blue put her hand up to her ear and whispered dramatically, "Do you hear that?"

I said, "Yes. It's Daddy washing his hands."

"No. It's not," she told me, "It's Daddy peeing."

She's so funny.

We were in the fabric store yesterday and she yelled, "Hey, lady!" to this woman shopping a couple of hundred yards away.

"Blue," I said, "What are you doing?! No yelling in the store."

"Sorry," she told me, "I just scaring the ladies."


She is so much fun to be around. My life must have been so quiet before she arrived. I tell her all the time, "I wanted you my whole life."

Sometimes, we do get what we want in life, Mom.

1 comment:

Me said...

:)))
HUGS TO you because that really brightened my day!!!