04 July 2008

weather's beautiful, wish you were here


The first thing I have to say about living in Colorado is this: the weather is AMAZING.

When I was still in Virginia, and Jonathan was already here with Mabel, he was warning me over the phone that it was hot here. He kept telling me that everyone he had spoken to complained to him about the heat. To those people, I say "pppfffffffftttt."

It is not hot here. It is gorgeous. The air is so crisp and dry. It may be warm out, but there is a constant, constant breeze. And no mosquitoes. Well, I did manage to find one the other night, because for some reason the stupid things are drawn to me. Maybe because I am so white. I am like a beacon.

But we can sit out on our balcony and it is so cool and breezy. I keep telling Jonathan that it reminds me of being at the beach.

The locals here think it is hot. Lucky fools. There are all these warnings on the news about taking care to drink lots of water and not to overdo it blahblahblah, and I am sitting here thinking, "Are you kidding me?" We went to the zoo last weekend with the kids and since we were about 1000 feet higher in elevation, it was even cooler. It was 65 degrees out! People were walking around in shorts and tank tops and I was wearing jeans and a light jacket. I kept repeating myself to Jonny: "I cannot believe I am wearing a jacket in June!"

7 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

I'm so jealous! And I'm glad to finally hear from you guys again!

Amy said...

Glad you guys are doing well & to see you online again. Hope to see some pictures soon!

BlondeJustice said...

Lucky!

Where's Weber said...

Big big smiles!!! I am happy to hear you guys are all safe and settling in.

Anonymous said...

Wait until you guys hear a traffic report out there. It is absolutely hilarious when people outside of the DC area complain about traffic. I mock them. they have NOOOOOO idea what real traffic is like.

Leila

Dark Fury said...

You're back! Yippee!

Kelli said...

that's how i feel here in berlin... it was nice to escape the summer heat of virginia. glad you are enjoying it there!