04 August 2008

Alison

My heart is very heavy tonight. I have been reading the blog, To the Moon, for a while now. It is by a beautiful young woman named Alison, a young military wife. Who found out she has stage 4 cancer. I began reading her husband's (amazingly beautiful and eloquent) blog, Our Lady, Star of the Sea, and he has been writing for both of them lately. His post tonight is not so good. The prognosis sounds grim and I am just so sad.

Sad. What a lame word. I just ...

Here I am, enjoying gorgeous evening breezes, nursing a sore butt from a wonderful bike ride last night with my husband and children, and there they are... Alison and Thomas. In my head and in my heart all the time. Going through this ... this severing from each other. I know I have never met them, but if you've read their blog (and I know some of you have and are as affected by their situation as I am) you understand. They are so young. So beautiful. So nice. So in love.

It's horrible. If you pray, please pray for them. And for her family. Just pray.

3 comments:

Jude said...

For any of us that have followed their story- our hearts are breaking.

Retainer Girl said...

Sometimes words are inadequate, and this is true here. It is beyond sad.

Thomas said...

Thanks for this post. "Severed" stung a lot when I read it, but it's accurate.