09 January 2009

making friends


Jonathan picked Blue up from preschool on her first day. He said that when the teacher said, "Blue, your Daddy's here!" a little girl called out, "Blue! Will you be my friend?!"

She also had her first ballet class in our new town the other night. There were only two other girls in the class. On the way home Blue said to me, "You know who my best friend is?" "Who is your best friend?" I asked. "Um, the girl in the purple," she told me. "I don't know her name." Which made me wonder what was wrong with the poor little girl wearing pink.

So Blue is going to be alright. She will make friends. And hopefully she will stop mentioning her best friend from last year, Adrianna:


And I am possibly making friends, too. I have been talking to the other ladies in my bodypump class, who all seem very nice, and one of them even loves period English movies! (Not a prerequisite for my friends, but it sure is a common denominator.) And my new frind, Shannon, has invited me to join a knitting group she is starting. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

There was a quote by A. A. Milne in Blue's preschool newsletter and it keeps running through my mind:

You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.

2 comments:

Roxanna said...

I would pick the girl in the purple too... : )

Anonymous said...

A western chapter of DWAFS in the making?? Maybe this will lure Olivia......

Mom