Sigh. So he will be gone for a week. And I already miss him terribly. I am a bit codependent, I'm afraid.
Okay, that's bullshit. I am completely codependent!
So the kids and I got up at 4 am to drive him to the airport. And I was amazed at how well-behaved they were! They just got up, stumbled out to the car and didn't cry or complain. Such good kids.
Blue took a long nap today, but the Lion would have none of it. So, as a result, I got no nap either.
The highlights of my first day alone:
- the kids both somehow got multiple splinters in their hands playing outside this morning so I spent a good half-hour tonight struggling to remain cheerful while torturing them with my tweezers
- Blue accidentally locked herself in the bathroom tonight (with Mabel) and had a nervous breakdown trying to tear the door off its hinges
- she scared the crap out of me because I was downstairs and it sounded like someone trying to break the front door open
- and I couldn't find the little "key" thingamabob and a bobby pin wouldn't work so I had to use hostage-negotiator skills to calm her down and explain to her how to unlock the door
- it rained all afternoon and it is still raining
- I waited and waited for the rain to ease up since I had to bring the trash out tonight, and then finally gave in and dragged the trash out anyway since I don't want to be out there all alone too late at night
- and I got soaked
- and I stepped on the biggest, fattest, squishiest worm I've ever seen while on the patio getting the trash cans and probably woke up the entire neighborhood with my super-sonic "Ewwwwwwwwwww!"