24 October 2006

100 things

I've seen these old lists on other blogs and I got list envy.

So here's my list of 100 Things About Me:

1. I love lists. Duh.
2. I have one son and one daughter.
3. I had a miscarriage in 1999.
4. I collect books.
5. I am addicted to coffee.
6. Especially the instant cappuccino at Wawa.
7. I am near-sighted and far-sighted, so I wear bifocals.
8. I pull out my eyelashes when I am stressed.
9. I have a very loud laugh.
10. I love to alphabetize.
11. I hate to make my bed.
12. I am stockpiling canned goods in case of bird flu or bombs or whatever...
13. My husband is my best friend.
14. I bite my nails.
15. I love chips and dip. Any kind of party food, really.
16. I am excessively fond of commas, dashes, basically all punctuation.
17. I don't approve of re-makes or cover songs.
18. I know more about Greek mythology than I do about Christianity.
19. I am hopelessly ignorant about geography.
20. I have to get popcorn with butter when I go to the movies.
21. I am a liberal.
22. I used to smoke.
23. I don't like sushi.
24. I hate talking on the telephone.
25. I can spend hours searching for that perfect card in Hallmark.
26. I am a terrible swimmer.
27. I am a terrible dancer.
28. But I sing pretty well.
29. I love the singer/songwriters of the 1970s.
30. I need to lose about 20 pounds.
31. I hate to exercise.
32. I prefer marshmallows that are burnt instead of toasted.
33. I am very pale--I always have to buy the foundations with names like Cameo or True Ivory.
34. I do not like scary movies.
35. They give me nightmares.
36. I love to take bubble baths.
37. I love watching the Oscars.
38. I do not like football.
39. I was raised Catholic.
40. But I am not Catholic now.
41. When I was a girl, I was obsessed with Helen Keller.
42. I dressed like Helen's Teacher, Annie Sullivan, for a Girl Scouts "Women in History" Day at the Spotsylvania Mall when I was in elementary school.
43. There was a picture of it in the local paper!
44. I love to dress up in costumes.
45. I gesture a lot when I talk.
46. I am very impatient.
47. I don't like to wear shoes.
48. The ocean scares me a little.
49. I laugh a lot.
50. There are 2 paintings of me in the book Firebrands: The Heroines of Science Fiction and Fantasy.

51. I am always spilling food on my clothes.
52. I am right handed.
53. Jonathan took me to Rome on our honeymoon.
54. I want to live there.
55. I learn languages pretty easily.
56. I was a band geek in high school.
57. I played the sax.
58. My favorite color is pink.
59. My perfume of choice is "Romance" by Ralph Lauren.
60. I love Thai food.
61. I have a very good memory.
62. I think it is because I love to do puzzles.
63. Crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, sudoku... I am a big nerd.
64. I love to work in the yard.
65. I am terrified of spiders.
66. And I hate mosquitos.
67. I crack my knuckles.
68. I can't whistle.
69. I have never liked my name.
70. I hate when people assume I'm into Irish stuff because my name is Erin.
71. I hate that men spell their name E-R-I-N. Men should be Aaron, women should be Erin.
72. I love names.
73. I used to write stories all the time as a kid, but every time I had named all the characters and described what they all looked like, I lost interest and started a new story.
74. I keep a journal, but I haven't written in it in a long time.
75. I am not a huge fan of chocolate.
76. I prefer vanilla, to tell the truth.
77. I hate man-bashing.
78. I adore my husband.
79. I can't imagine living without him.
80. I think I am a good mother.
81. I was always able to talk to my mom and dad about anything.
82. I like to cook.
83. But I am not as good a cook as my husband!
84. I really should call my friends more.
85. I have been blessed with incredible friends.
86. And family.
87. I have a wonderful stepmother.
88. Sometimes I just look at my children and I start to cry.
89. I have never been cool.
90. I tend to over-react.
91. Luckily, I have a very understanding husband!
92. I love creepy shows like "The New Detectives."
93. Even though they scare the hell out of me.
94. I am running out of Things...
95. I am very shy about meeting new people.
96. I had a happy childhood.
97. It scares me, how quickly time passes.
98. I love Fall.
99. Even after all this time, I still can't believe he wanted to marry me!
100. I am very happy with my life right now.

God, I can't believe I did it! That was hard. And I usually like lists! But enough about me...

8 comments:

Amy said...

I was at that history day too! I was a flapper.

And you will always be cool in my book.

Anonymous said...

I learned things about you. And was really enjoying the list - too bad about the sushi and chocolate though - until I got to the part about hating your name. Guess I should have let your father name you Beth Roth!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Beth Roth? I thought it was going to be Priscilla.

Leila

Anonymous said...

Priscilla was my choice. Jon wanted Beth or Renee.....

Anonymous said...

I also learned a lot. I thought it was going to be Justina? Or was that if Chris was a girl? Also surprised about the chocolate, but that just means there's more for me. And by the way, you are part Irish.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to sign the last one.

Aunt D

Anonymous said...

Great list items. I can't imagine having to write 100 items about myself, but I can relate to a bunch of yours. I love doing crossword puzzles too even though I only finish one every couple of weeks. I'm sorry to hear you don't like football though, or are you referring to soccer? Because I can respect not liking soccer.

girlysmack said...

First of all: I cannot BELIEVE you all actually read all 100 items... Um, thanks.

Second: geez, Mom, you came up with some real unique names. Justine? Priscilla? I change my mind, Erin is a fantastic name, and thank you so much.

Third: hi, Matt! To answer your question, I love soccer. It's American football I can't stand. Probably because my dad and my two older brothers watched it all day on Sunday and some Saturdays and on Monday nights as well when I was growing up. To me it looks like just a bunch of fat guys knocking into each other. Over and over. I like the commercials, though.