Anyway, here is My Bucket List ca. 2000, with the goals I have achieved crossed out:
TO FINISH COLLEGE (I am in school now, so yay, me!)
2. to see:
4. to learn the guitar?
5. to learn to sew
6. to make a quilt
7. to perfect my great-great-grandmother Mariah's lemon sponge pie
8. to find a way to stay in shape that I enjoy
9. to learn about photography
11. to be a great cook
12. to call my family & friends more (This one cracks me up--can I have gotten worse in the past ten years? Is that possible?)
14. to write a book
15. to weigh 125
17. to learn another language
18. to learn about world geography
Some of them I can tell you right off the bat will not be on my new list, such as to learn the clarinet (no idea where that one came from!) and to weigh 125 pounds. Seriously, I would just rather be healthy than focus on an ideal weight. And 125 sounds a bit on the skinny side and pretty impossible to obtain at this point in my life!
And now for Jonathan's Bucket List ca. 2000:
1. to see:
- the Grand Canyon
3. to go skiing
4. to go scuba diving
5. to own a sailboat
7. to walk more
It is interesting to me how many of Jonathan's goals are more attainable now that we have moved to Colorado. Like going skiing and walking more. And visiting the Grand Canyon, which is so much closer than before. Very cool. I wonder what things will make his new list...